A doctor explains the dangers of mould in the house





A doctor explains the dangers of mould in the house
Saturday 24 September 2022 -
(See translation in Arabic section)
Lebanon: Dr. Svetlana Kuprina announced that mould secretes toxins harmful to human health, causing coughing, indigestion and other negative effects.
In an interview with the newspaper "Izvestia", the doctor notes that mould is of different types. And mould fungi spread through the air in the form of microscopic spores in search of a suitable habitat. The best conditions for the growth of mould fungi are a temperature of 20 degrees Celsius and a relative humidity of more than 90 percent.
She says, "Mould produces toxins that are harmful to human health. Mould spores settle on surfaces, on the skin and on foods and enter the body through the nose and mouth with food and breathing air. The most common negative effects caused by mould are dry cough, allergies, indigestion, headache and nosebleeds. Exposure to mould is a period of time. Long-term can lead to asthma, pneumonia, and damage to the liver, kidneys and lungs.
The doctor notes that mould in the house is especially dangerous for people with asthma and allergies, as it can irritate the mucous membrane, which worsens their health condition.
According to her, an unpleasant smell may indicate the presence of mould in the house that remains even after cleaning. The most common places where mould settles are the spaces between tiles in the bathroom and kitchen, and on walls, where initially dark spots indicate mould. Mould can also settle on a dish sponge, toothbrush, bathroom sink, cutting boards, air conditioner, and even a computer keyboard. The doctor advises to get rid of mould by paying attention to the cleanliness of the house daily and washing dishes after eating.

 














Copyright 2007 mideast-times.com