Jihad Dib MP: Nominations Now are open for Women of the Year Awards
To whom it may concern,
Mr Jihad Dib is pleased to announce that nominations are now open for the 2020 Women of the Year Awards!
The Awards recognise and celebrate the outstanding contribution women across NSW make to their communities, business and the State.
There are seven state-wide award categories and a Local category as follows;
• Local Woman of the Year Award, an award presented by the MP recognising women who have dedicated themselves to their communities, displaying exceptional effort, commitment and a real passion for the community.
• NSW Premier’s Award for Women of the Year recognises NSW women who have excelled in their chosen career, field or passion. These women are exceptional achievers who have made a significant contribution to NSW and whose accomplishments make them a strong role model for other women.
• NSW Aboriginal Woman of the Year Award recognises Aboriginal women in NSW who have excelled in their chosen career, field or passion. These Aboriginal women are exceptional achievers who have promoted economic, cultural or social opportunities for Aboriginal people in NSW.
• Community Hero Award celebrates heroes and volunteers who have made outstanding contributions to the community. These women are positive role models who inspire others to contribute to the community too.
• Harvey Norman Young Woman of the Year Award celebrates women aged 18 to 30 years who have excelled in their career or made a significant contribution to their community.
• Rex Airlines Regional Woman of the Year Award celebrates women from regional NSW who have made significant achievements in areas that are important to regional or rural communities.
• NSW Business Woman of the Year Award recognises excellence in business in NSW. These women provide outstanding leadership and inspiration for other women to succeed.
• First State Super Lifetime Achievement Award, recognises an outstanding woman who has dedicated her life towards the advancement of women in NSW.
Nominations for the state-wide awards close at 11:59 pm on Friday 25th October 2019 and can be made at https://www.women.nsw.gov.au/news-and-events/women-of-the-year
Nominations for the Local Woman of the Year Award can be made using the form attached and returned to Lakemba@parliament.nsw.gov.au to the attention of Joumana Al-Hanouni by 1st November, 2019.
I encourage you to nominate an inspirational woman who deserves to be recognised.
Feel free to pass this message on to your own networks.