PRIME MINISTER’S BUSINESS ADVISORY COUNCIL
4 December 2013
The Prime Minister’s Business Advisory Council will bring together 12 prominent Australian and global business leaders and experts to help restore a strong working relationship between business and government.
A strong economy needs profitable and dynamic businesses to generate jobs and revenue to fund the provision of services and infrastructure.
The Council brings together leaders from the manufacturing, resources, logistics, retail, financial and construction sectors. It will meet three times a year with senior members of the Government.
The Council’s advice will help guide programmes and policies that are sympathetic to the needs of both small and large businesses in Australia.
The Chairman of the Prime Minister’s Business Advisory Council, Mr Maurice Newman AC, will be joined by:
• Professor Gary Banks AO – Dean and CEO of the Australia and New Zealand School of Government.
• Mr Michael Chaney AO – Chairman, National Australia Bank and Chancellor of the University of Western Australia.
• Mr Peter Fox AM – Executive Chairman of Fox Group Holdings and Linfox Pty Ltd.
• Mr Daniel Grollo – Chief Executive Officer, Grocon.
• Mr John Hart – Chief Executive Officer, Restaurant and Catering Australia.
• Mr Barry Irvin AM – Chairman, Bega Cheese.
• Mr Graham Kraehe – Chairman, BlueScope Steel and Brambles.
• Mr Solomon Lew – Chairman and Non-Executive Director, Premier Investments.
• Ms Catherine Livingstone AO – Chairman, Telstra.
• Mr Jacques Nasser AO – Chairman, BHP Billiton.
• Dr Jane Wilson – Director and former Chairman of a wide array of companies across the health, biotechnology, agriculture and energy sectors.
The Council will meet three times a year and the first meeting of the Council will be held before the end of the year.