COMMUNITY BUILDING PARTNERSHIP TO OPEN IN GRANVILLE
Member for Granville, Mr Issa encouraged community organisations to apply for the 2013 Community Building Partnership program that opens on Wednesday 19 June 2013.
“This grant program is an opportunity for community groups to receive funding for infrastructure projects that benefit the local Granville community,” Mr Issa said.
“The NSW Government is looking for projects that will deliver positive social, recreational or environmental outcomes through the construction or improvement of facilities.
“This program also supports the local economy through the creation of construction jobs and businesses benefiting from infrastructure delivery.
“The 2013 program builds on the local success of the 2012 program that saw the roll out of 1,235 community projects throughout NSW as a part of $90 million allocated to the program over four years,” he said.
Mr Issa said successful 2012 Community Building Partnership grants in the Granville Electorate were:
• Beit Al Jabal Karm El Mohr Charity Association Community Hall Project
• Flooring, tiling in hall, general building upgrade at St Mary’s Anglican Church, Guildford NSW
• Building repairs and renovations for the Asscociation of Zgharta
• Training & resources for Community Participation Day Programme for people with disabilities – Australian Foundation for Disability
• Girl Guide Hall – Disability and Safety Upgrade 2
• Renovations and improvements to Melita Stadium
• South Granville Community Centre Deck
• Guildford County Soccer – repair soccer club hall
• Merrylands Park, Burnett Street – floodlighting of Field No 4
• Sometime Centre Merrylands – replace vinyl floor
• Multicultural Disability Advocacy Association – Granville Office in heritage listed building roof, facia, front fence, verandah, refurbish
• Sportsground floodlighting upgrades at FS Garside Park & Harry Gapes Reserve
• Parramatta District Rugby Union Football Club – upgrade of canteen, kitchen and BBQ facilities
• Scouts Australia – install new ceiling at 7th Parramatta Scout Hall
• Refurbishing Young Christian Workers Parramatta Community Centre
“The NSW Government is getting on with the job of rebuilding NSW by delivering record state funded infrastructure. The government understands the importance of local community infrastructure benefits as well as the creation of jobs,” Mr Issa said.
Applications open on 19 June 2013 and close on 31 July 2013.
For more information please contact my office on (02) 9637 1656 or visit www.communitybuildingpartnership.nsw.gov.au for information and to apply.